Tim J Fnw

| map-marker Leicester, North Carolina

I bought a Nissan titan motor from them

It was suppose to be a titan motor with 61k miles they sent it and it was sent on a pallet strapped to an old tire compleatly covered with sludge I cleaned it put it in the truck wouldn't start it had a spun bearing and the timing chain was in the oil pan I work full time after spending my day's off putting it in and taking ubers to work because it's my only truck I'm broke as *** because of this and there is no way this was a 61k motor maybe 461k
Loss:
Cons:
  • Sell junk

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Ur better off getting something you can inspect locally than whatever junk these people can scrape together to rip you off

Kevin M Qxg

| map-marker Lithia, Florida

Sent wrong part and not taking in action

AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action
AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action - Image 2
AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action - Image 3
AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action - Image 4
AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action - Image 5
AM Used Auto Parts - Sent wrong part and not taking in action - Image 6
Original review Mar 25, 2024

We ordered the transmission for two wheel drive and they sent us wrong transmission which is for Mercedes Benz all wheel drive. Talked to three different managers and didnt do anything until today.

Its been three weeks and they are trying to get away with it. Specially Mr Wayne Jones. Dont know what his problem is ? keep saying that the customer ordered the wrong part.

The dealership is the one ordered the corrected part all the customer did was paid by his card.

We gave you vin number and you guys the one screw it up which cost us customer and more than $1k for used transmission. We got all proofs and paperworks Please stop playing stupid games with your customer.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Will not recommend to anyone

Richard T Eos

Got screwed

AM Used Auto Parts - Got screwed
AM Used Auto Parts - Got screwed - Image 2
AM Used Auto Parts - Got screwed - Image 3

Bought a transmission from them in fla pd 1300 or so for it it is suppose to have around 84,000 miles on it it was suppose to be tested inspected and ready to ship, upon receiving tracking number it showed it was coming from Wisconsin if I wanting one from Wisconsin I would have called them , so upon receiving it on Fri I got home unwrapped it there was fluid every where also noticed ear broken transmission was covered in mud bell housing in all ,appear to have been in a flood or mud buggy in bad shape I rolled it over and noticed a half inch hole punched in it clear thru, another pinch almost thru, the oil pan was smashed up from previous use like a rock crawler would have, I found no signs of any inspection or where it could have been tested, needless to say it is scrap not useful, took pictures and sent to them mon morning they said could return it for refund , so packaged it up took to trucking company I picked up from they said it will cost me $1070.56 to return it, there is no where that I seen that buyer has to pay for return of junk sent to me, am auto parts said if I want a refund of 1300 then I have to pay the 1070.56 to ship it, now you know why they offer a 3 yr warranty what a rip off never gets used might as well say lifetime its all worthless, trucking company denied ownership of damage they said the junk yard could have done it just to scam someone so BUYER BEWARE DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CROOKED COMPANY, SO NOW I HAVE 1300 INVESTED in scrap aluminum USELESSLY

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad busness

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buyer beware don't do any busness with am auto parts with am

Brian F Aqr

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

Junk motor I paid big bucks for

AM Used Auto Parts - Junk motor I paid big bucks for
AM Used Auto Parts - Junk motor I paid big bucks for - Image 2
AM Used Auto Parts - Junk motor I paid big bucks for - Image 3
AM Used Auto Parts - Junk motor I paid big bucks for - Image 4

I ordered a motor for an 07 Silverado that Brian claimed to have just over 80,000 miles on it. When I received engine and unwrapped it I was utterly shocked.

Engine was caked with oil and dirt. Every seal on engine leaking. I pulled a valve cover and the old dried sludge was everywhere. I then pulled a plug and inserted a scope down cylinder, as you can probably guess, it looked terrible.

I called to return engine and sent photos to Brian and he agreed to take engine back on my dime. The shipping quotes were $1500 or more so I decided to cut my losses and sell engine to local wrecking yard for a total loss of $1700. Now I have to buy another engine. This motor was a mess and they didnt even pressure wash motor to try to make me think it might be ok.

Dont ever buy from these guys, gamble at best if you do.

Once I read there reviews I realized what I should have done first. Shame on me, never again!

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere for used parts

map-marker Melbourne, Florida

Dishonest Company

AM Used Auto Parts - Dishonest Company
AM Used Auto Parts - Dishonest Company - Image 2
AM Used Auto Parts - Dishonest Company - Image 3

Purchased a used engine for $1650.00, engine was delivered with broken timing cover and broken timing chain parts. This was documented on delivery date via video and pictures.

They advised they would pay to have it repaired if I provided the reciepts, which we did provide.

They kept saying send the reciepts over and over even thought it was sent and verified they received the emails with these attachments.

After we repaired the broken parts we went ahead and installed the engine.

It ran very weak for approx 50 miles and stopped, turns out this engine is shot.

They will send you a bad engine, knowing it's timely and costly to return the engine.

They bank on this fact. Even if you send the engine back there's no guarentee they will honor the warranty.

We now had to eat the loss and just tear the motor down to rebuild.

Don't purchase from these people, they will not honor there agreement!

They will keep your money and play word salads with back and forth emails.

Find another company, if you go with these guys you will be sorry!

User's recommendation: Don't use this company, they are not honest!

Derek C Btk

Bad transmission

I advise anyone not to do business with this company at all. There are crooked.

They will not honor a warranty. There is no way that they can prove that they have bench tested transmission and it runs to the best of their knowledge. They are liars, a transmission I bought had water in the transmission fluid.

The shop went ahead and put in the transmission. As it was my only choice to get my truck running again so I could get back to work.

It had no third or fourth gear.

gear bands were gone. I filed a charged back with my bank because of that. They said they could not help me to pick up said bad transmission, like they said they would at their cost. The charges back was reversed by my bank.

And I still have not heard one word from them in a week. I suppose, I will never hear from them about them. Picking up the transmission and refunding me my money.

I will be calling the Better Business Bureau. My bank again and filing a lawsuit against them.

They're very dishonest and robbing people blindly do not ever ever do business with this company. They need to be put out of business. They are dishonest 100%.. I am out approximately $7000 now to have the shop.

Remove and replace 2 different transmissions now.

Because I had to pull the transmission in order to put it on a crate and ship it back to them. Like they asked me to. So take from this review what you will. But ticket from me do not do business with this company.

What soever? I am going to do whatever it takes to put them out of business. I basically have a thirty five hundred dollar paper weight now.. I will not stand for this.

And neither should anyone else that has already done business with them. And been left to rot like me.

Keya H

Defective Engine Shipped to Me

SUE this company from your state courthouse REMOTELY. eFILE your claim online at your courthouse website.

I called Lithia Fl courthouse and they are receiving calls DAILY about this lazy and unprofessional company selling DEFECTIVE PARTS.

Instead of them learning from their errors, they're telling the customer to then ship the part back at the customer's expense which creates a LOSE-LOSE situation for the customer.

This company needs to be sued until they go bankrupt and out of business. They are undeserving of our hard earned money.

Performing a diagnostic test on engines, transmissions etc is NOT good enough but LAZY. Pay the small court fee, take pics and vids of the defect, keep your receipts and SUE!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Loss of money due to defective engine shipped to me

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid buying their damaged goods.

map-marker Columbia, Missouri

Bad engine.

I bought an engine. The damn thing has low compression and barely runs. They told me they would warranty it because I did not install front and rear seal, pan and valve gasket. Like I told them none of this affects compression. I wasted 1,299 on this junk.also 1,000 to get it.installed. I would not recommend anyone to do business with them. The man I spoke too about returning it for my money always says have a blessed day before he hangs up. He is a fake Christian. That is not how a Christian does business.

User's recommendation: Don't dobusiness with these snakes unless you want to throw your money away.

map-marker Margate, Florida

Andy was a liar, took money never produced product only lied refused to refund

DISHONEST BUSINESS PRACTICES. I ordered an auto transmission from them that they claimed was in stock, tested and running excellent.

I overpaid to get a low mileage transmission out of a running tested vehicle.

One month goes by and still no part! We called and spoke to Andy. He lied to us several times. Couldnt deliver the Nissan 240SX auto transmission.

Always lies when questioned.

We requested a refund, he fought with us. We never received anything! We had to file a complaint and do a chargeback on the credit card.

If you ignore this and you, go ahead and buy something from them, make them sure you use a credit card. I have copies of the emails where they lied to us constantly.

User's recommendation: Do not do business with companies that are dishonest they do not deliver refused to refund

Dedria Vmj

| map-marker Collinwood, Tennessee

Sold faulty cot transmission

Updated by user Oct 23, 2023

Still no word..

Original review Oct 16, 2023
Would have left a - 1 if able. I try to focus on the good some companies do and write good reviews and not bad on the not so good ones; but this "outfit" deserves the time.

Ordered a so called " drive tested" cvt trans from this " company" for a 2010 nissan maxima. Received trans and mechanic removed the old and installed this "drive tested" trans. When mechanic teat drove the vehicle it was pouring fluid from pump gasket (If trans would have been so called "drive tested" this would have been obvious to a non mechanic ) so had to pay again to have trans pulled back out, pump gasket replaced; and trans reinstalled! Test drove and trans would not shift out of low range.

Took car to nissan dealer and had ecm and tcm reflashed. No difference. Service tech said something "wrong" with trans. Took car to trans shop where they priced us a total of $3975 for rebuilt nissan trans and labor.

Left the car with them and they were good enough to check the trans before replacing it and found the valve body was bad and replaced it. Operates like it should now. How can a " drive tested" trans with a really bad leak at pump gasket and hung up in low gear not be noticed by whoever " test drove " the trans? (Common sense) The only answer I received from them was the old go to " it was fine when it left here".

HOW CAN THAT EVEN RESEMBLE THE TRUTH ? I guess the freight companies are now in the business of removing good valve bodies and replacing them with non functioning ones. This little endeavor with this company ended up costing us over 5k. This is partially my fault for thinking this company might do business like my great grandfather did at his ford dealership; honorable and took care of his customers but I'm afraid there is not many of those left as apperant with this transaction.

Tried to file a what they call a "warranty " claim. " I need diagnostic codes and seal recpts" is what I was told. No where in the warranty does it mention replacing pump gasket but does mention replacing other gaskets. So how does replacing gaskets (that aren't leaking) going to prevent pump gasket from leaking?

Do those gaskets also cause a valve body to go bad ? NO THEY DONT! (AGAIN, COMMON SENSE) This company evidently does not have the morals that companies used to have and choose to not see facts. I agree the seals mentioned in their so called " warranty " were not replaced (because they weren't leaking).

Did that cause the pump gasket and valve body to be bad? I hope they don't honestly believe that; although it appears they do instead of looking at facts and doing the right thing. Trans may have been " drive tested"; years ago.
If you are trying to decide about buying from this company I hope this review helps.

Hopefully you will get good parts and service. All I can do is be honest and share the "TERRIBLE " experience whe had with them and voice it on "BBB" and other sights.

User's recommendation: Do not trust this company to stand by what they say

| map-marker Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

Can't get a response from the company for a refund

AM Used Auto Parts - Can't get a response from the company for a refund
AM Used Auto Parts - Can't get a response from the company for a refund - Image 2

The VIN for the car was given to AM to ensure the used engine was the proper one. They sent the engine, and upon unwrapping it at the garage, the mechanic found *** in the manifold from a saw blade and a broken engine mounting bolt (these things did NOT happen in transport -- there was no damage to the wrapping material and the mechanic will testify to this).

AM says they test parts; this engine could NOT have been tested and passed with the hole. The engine was also the wrong emissions type so would not fit in the car. These things were reported to AM Used Auto and they indicated we should send it back, but charged a 20% restocking fee and return shipping. We paid $2295 and received a check back for $1536 (they subtracted $459 for restocking and $300 for shipping AFTER they told us shipping was free).

In addition, we paid $488 to send the engine back to AM Used Auto. They claim they do NOT have a VIN on file so were justified in charging the restocking/shipping fees, as ordering the wrong engine was our fault.

User's recommendation: Do not use!

map-marker Creston, British Columbia

Problem with engine

AM Used Auto Parts - Problem with engine
AM Used Auto Parts - Problem with engine - Image 2
AM Used Auto Parts - Problem with engine - Image 3
Bought a engine all in now at 3800.00 canadian.. my mechanic was putting in new oil pan gasket found metal filings in the oil pan . Sent in photos and thier advise is to.install as normal as engine ran when it left there warehouse .. we all know metal in the oil isn't a good sign .. I.suspect that when this engine is installed it will fail .. but no problem I have a 3 year warranty.. buyer beware this company is a joke .

User's recommendation: Don't buy anything here .Buyer Beware !!

map-marker Ben Wheeler, Texas

JUNK, LIED ABOUT THE PER TEST, WARRTANY

Lied about the run and tested this engine would never run without a full overhaul they would not send a replacement and no refund unless i sent it back return fee was over $600.00 dollars with the cost of $850.00 IF YOU WANT A PIECE OF JUNK THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!!! MY THE BBB CAN HELP

User's recommendation: NEVER

Joseph H Fuy

Total Scammers

AM Used Auto Parts - Total Scammers
Bought a used transmission with a supposed 3 year warranty and supposedly fully inspected. I came in and third gear went almost to the dash. It still ran, so I decided to live with that. After a month, third was like neutral. A week after that it went into reverse and would not come out. I called (customer support mailbox is ALWAYS full and not accepting calls. I emailed. Never a response.S
Loss:

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Stay away from these con artists

Patricia R Kau

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Order

I have put an order in 3 weeks ago for a motor for a car. The day I placed the order I called to change the address never got a call back. I contacted the delivery company and they finally told me it was sitting on the dock and would be set the next day. It wasn't I contacted again they said they'd need an approval to change the shipping address and now I am trying to be charged another fee to change the address when I tried before it was sent out!

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not use them!!!

David W Lzt

Terrible

At the begining of Aug. I order a 5.7 hemi engine talk to Andrew Jackson asked if this was a complete engine and he said yes sir. Got the engine on Aug. 7 on Aug 8 called Mr. Jackson and told him the intake was missing, he said take a pic of it and email it to me so on Aug the 9 I did this. Never heard from him. On Aug 13 I sent him a email aski g if he received the pic he said yes if you dont hear from me this afternoon call me tomorrow. So I called him back the next day, he said I will take care of this. I have made several calls and lft several messages to Mr Jackson when I do talk to him he says Im checking into it. Then I called again the begining of last week he said I will try to locate a intake and contact you. Still no call back. Today Sept. 12 I called Mr. Jackson I asked him about the intake he said there is nothing they can do about it I have to find one myself and pay for it myself. Also you have 15 days from the day you get the engine to get it in and make sure it is running properly and take a puc of it in the car send it to the warrrenty place for it to be cover under warrenty. So now we have an engine that we been waiting for a intake per Mr. Jackson said he would take care of which now he is not and it is way past 15 days now so on top of it all we have no warrenty. I will never do business or advise anyone to again. Dave Green
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article